Since meeting at dance school in 2008 and instantly becoming best friends, Ida Christiansen and Sunniva Hovensjø have spent more time apart than together. During their friendship they have lived and visited each other all over the world – anywhere from Berlin to San Francisco.
With degrees in fashion and advertising, followed by multiple years in each industry, they now share a base on the west coast of Sweden, working together at STUDIO APHINO.
SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN MEETS ITALIAN CRAFTSMANSHIP
STUDIO APHINO offers premium statement legwear made in Italy with recycled polyamide. The pieces are designed in-house in Sweden. The pattern is knitted – not printed – with a separate yarn, to ensure a dimensional texture and vibrant colors that don’t fade when the legwear is stretched.
To run a sustainable business is essential and a constant priority for STUDIO APHINO. An overview of what we are doing so far:
- Manufacturer located in Italy to eliminate long transports.
- Products made with recycled polyamide and pre-colored available yarns, to avoid having to make new dyings.
- No wasteful materials, such as sewn in labels or plastic wrapping.
- Reusable product pouch made from 100% Organically Grown Material, certified by Control Union CU811033.
- The padded shipping envelopes are made from grass paper and 70% recycled materials, by a climate neutral company, powered by ClimatePartner CP-ID 53534-1402-1004.
- Paper goods are printed at a local family owned business on paper that meet the highest environmental standards and is FSC® and PEFC™ certified. The paper is made from materials from sustainable forestry and the paper mill is environmentally certified according to EMAS and ISO 14001.
STUDIO APHINO’s vision is not to compromise when it comes to making sustainable choices, every step of the way. We will always strive to do better and any thoughts, tips or suggestions on how we can improve are highly appreciated. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org